Bali Buda Ubud is our original store that was opened in 1994 on a Wednesday. Ubud (“medicine” in Sanskrit) got it’s name because it was once a center for medicating the body & soul. To this day it still maintains some of this feel as yoga, meditation, healthy places to eat and natural surroundings still permeate the town, especially if you venture out to the outskirts of Ubud.
Bali Buda – Bali is an island located to the east of Java, Indonesia. It is an island of intense spiritual and creative energy where we somehow found our home. Buda means Wednesday in Balinese, just as good a day as any other to begin a business.
Bali Buda began in 1994 with a passion for bringing the best we could find to people looking for the best to feed themselves and their families. As we grew, and continue to grow, it is a constant challenge to keep up with the demand and to supply the best food we possibly can. But we try our hardest to deliver honest and wholesome food. We still make our bread with pure people power, even though we bake over 500 loaves of bread each morning before the sun rises.
- We strive to offer healthy homemade meals that satisfy all dietary persuasions.
- We deliver meals and groceries within a certain radius from each of our outlets – call to see if your area is applicable.
- We can send our products to other islands within Indonesia, please contact us for further details.
- We offer info on how to enjoy a day at the farms we buy from. See Our Farms for more info.
- We do birthday cakes, see our birthday cake book for ideas – please order 48 hours ahead.
- We have a rack of information about many of our products in the shops.
- We act as resource center for any community events, health and nutritional information